Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I love Matt Damon!

The Adjustment Bureau (Loved it Enough to Buy It)--I LOVE Matt Damon. Other than Robert Redford, I own more movies with Matt Damon in them than any other actor, and I like them all. So, it should not come as a surprise that I loved the Adjustment Bureau.

I liked the movie because it explored themes of destiny, free will, God (although code named the Chairman), and love. This movie was not afraid to explore those themes. Not many movies that make it in the mainstream do that much anymore. There is so much trash out there now and it's easy to find mindless entertainment, but I still like/love a movie that makes you think. This movie did that for me. I thought it was fun to see how little coincidences or chances and how you react to them, can affect your life. You just never know what's going to lead you down a different path.

I thought the chemistry between the Matt Damon and Emily Blunt was great. They seemed to really like each other which always helps when you're trying to believe these two are lovers torn apart by fate. Emily Blunt is another one of my favorite actresses. Ever since The Devil Wears Prada, I have been a fan of hers, and she works in this movie for me.

I don't want to give too much of the plot away, but this movie will make you think, keeps the suspense up until the end, and has pretty people to look at, so what's not to love.

If you're looking for a good rental, rent this. It's worth the 90 minutes and the $1.07 it will cost you to Redbox it.

No comments:

Post a Comment